Monday, April 1, 2013

23 - SILENT LOVE IN POETRY

I just want to update this blog as I think I need to put  more discipline in writings which is my bread and butter. No matter what the medium are, I need to write. Even just a short sentence. Even I just copying words.

One of my new family members


I bought this book from Oxfam at 12 Bloomsbury Street, near Tottenham Court Road Station, London. I could not get any of Pablo Neruda's poetry book in London which make me felt little bit upset. When I found this book, I thought, why not I make it as my new family member? Furthermore, Sonnet 18 has its own sentimental value. However, I won't share Sonnet 18 this time. I choose 23; silent love that trust poetry to speak.


As an unperfect actor on the stage,
Who with his fear is put besides his part,
Or some fierce thing replete with too much rage,
Whose strength's abundance weakens his own heart;
So I for fear of trust, forget to say,
The perfect ceremony of love's rite,
And in mine own love's strength seem to decay,
O'ercharg'd with burthen of mine own love's might:
O let my books be then the eloquence,
And dumb presagers of my speaking breast,
Who pleaded for love, and look for recompense,
More than that tongue that more hath more express'd.
    O learn to read what silent love hath writ,
    To hear with eyes belongs to love's fine wit.

~ William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment